Friday, April 3, 2009

Noa's Day at daycare

Today I worked from home and checked in on Noa throughout the day. Here is what we found:

10am:
Noa in a highchair and all kids are in chairs in a circle while the caretakers sang them songs with hand signals. I watched from the window but also sang twinkle twinkle little star with hand motions and a few other diddies. Noa saw me in the window & pointed excitedly (ahh nice girl), I was worried for a minute that she would cry, but she didnt.

1130am:
Noa is passed out on her belly in her sleep "bed" that is a plastic tray looking thing. She was an early napper, only 5 kids were sleeping yet. They had just turned the lights off when I got there.

130pm:
The lights are out, and all the kids are sleeping. Noa has her butt sticking in the air so I know she is probably going to wake up soon. Unfortunately for the caretakers, she starts squiggling around, and eventually starts crying. Since I am there, I think they are awkward about getting her back to sleep by cooing her or whatever.
After crying and fussing a little the caretaker brought her out and I held her.
The caretaker shared these insights about Noa:
"Noa doesnt like to share toys, when the other kids take them, she crys like someone hit her."
"Noa gets jealous. When another kid is picked up, she wants to be picked up too."
We'll see how she progresses. She isnt around kids ALL the time, so maybe that explains it? I am not worried at this point.

330pm:
All the kids were in chairs and the caretakers were vacuuming. They were setup like a concert and it was pretty funny looking. I asked them how long before Noa would be able to vacuum. Noa started crying again so they gave her to me. After holding her a little she was ready to start playing with the other kids.

It was fun, Noa and most of the kids were running around with smiles on their faces. They were holding dolls, pointing while caretakers were reading books with them and regular playing.
It was nice just watching her walk around, look at other kids, look at the books.


I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. A day in the life of Noa (as much as I can get while working)

No comments: